I was thinking about how different people see God. Then, there are some that do not see him at all. It is amazing to consider that when God's love and laws are written on
all our hearts.

Then I read something written by C.S. Lewis:

"When you come to knowing God, the initiative lies on His side. If He does not show Himself, nothing you can do will enable you to find Him. And, in fact, He shows much more of Himself to some people than to others - not because He has favorites, but because it is impossible for Him to show Himself to a man whose whole mind and character are in the wrong condition. Just as sunlight, though it has no
favorites, cannot be reflected in a dusty mirror as clearly as in a clean one.

You can put this another way by saying that while in other sciences the instruments you use are things external to yourself (things like microscopes and telescopes), the
instrument throught which you see God is your whole self. And if a man's self is not kept clean and bright, his glimpse of God will be blurred - like the Moon seen through
a dirty telescope."
___________________

I think the way I would put this is if our soul or spirit is not alligned in such a way where we can focus on God, then we will only see an ambiguous figure that we cannot
properly distinguish. So, instead we assign OUR ideas of what God should be to Him and miss what He really is and has always been.

Pass the Windex!



Labels: , ,

1 Responses to “Focus, Please”

  1. # Blogger Michelle

    Talking of focus.. your profile photo floored me. You look so much like a friend of mine! :-O

    His name's Justin. I almost wondered if you were him at one stage reading your blog. Sounds stupid, but every time I look at your photo it startles me. You have any cousins in St George, Utah? :-D  

Post a Comment



About Me

The purpose of this blog is for me to keep track of my own spiritual journey. Anyone is welcome to agree, disagree, debate, whatever they want to do, but my goal is for this to be a learning experience for myself. Hopefully, others will help me learn and perhaps learn something themselves. In it, I will not tell others what or how to believe, but will only share my beliefs and experiences.


Visitors


Search



XML